Connecting Xero is a powerful way to get the most out of StayOnHire for your business, by combining simple accounting with comprehensive daily operations.
Integrating with Xero creates a conduit of information directly with StayOnHire. This means your business and staff can operate in confidence knowing that your accounting package is always receiving up-to-date information.
A visual representation of the Xero integration
Connecting your Xero accounting package has never been so easy and should take you less than 5 minutes.
WHAT IS XERO?
Xero is easy-to-use online accounting software that's designed specifically for small businesses. Learn more about Xero.
Head to Settings > Connection and click Connect
This will open a new Xero popup window
Select your organisation from the options available and click 'Allow access'
Set default accounts
Once connected, set a default a Chart of Account for all:
Default accounts pre-fill draft invoices with the relevant account (and subsequent tax settings associated with that account in Xero).
While completely optional, you can also now set default accounts for each individual rental machines
Imported accounts will also have an associated Tax Rate. These will auto adjust but can be manually overridden here too.
While getting your head around the accounting side of things can feel like a daunting task, we've broken all data points into simple sections to help describe how the Xero integration works in plain English.
STAYONHIRE <-> XERO
- Accounts are automatically imported to StayOnHire upon connection
- Default accounts can be set for invoice revenue in Settings > Connection > Xero
- Default accounts can also be set for individual asset's revenue in StayOnHire from Equipment > ROI
- Income accounts can't be created (or edited) in StayOnHire. This should instead be done from your Xero account.
-Automatically check for new accounts to import every 30 mins on the hour and on the half
-Manually imported during sync, via Re-connect button in Settings > Connections
Accounts should be edited in Xero
New accounts should be created in Xero
STAYONHIRE -> XERO
- Tax rates will import from Xero and replace StayOnHire's default tax options
- Tax Rates can't be created (or edited) in StayOnHire. This should instead be done from your Xero account.
-Import all Tax Rates and replace StayOnHire's default tax settings
-Automatically check for new Tax Rates to import every 30 mins (on the hour and on the half)
Tax Rates should be edited in Xero
Tax Rates should be created in Xero
STAYONHIRE -> Xero
- Invoices are sent to Xero once approved on the Awaiting Approval page
- To edit invoices that have been approved and sent to Xero, you will need to 'Void & Edit' the invoice in StayOnHire
- Invoices sent via email in StayOnHire will be marked as 'Sent' in Xero
- Invoices created in Xero will never import to StayOnHire
StayOnHire creates highly custom invoice data that connects your machines, calendar and revenue details with data points that Xero does not have. This means that invoices generated in Xero are not able to be imported as they would be incomplete to the detail that StayOnHire needs.
StayOnHire will never import invoices created in Xero
-Update the 'Void & Edit' status of an approved invoice
-Update an invoice's payment status when recording payments received in StayOnHire
-Update an invoice's sent status when sending invoices through StayOnHire
-Create new upon approving an invoice
STAYONHIRE <-> Xero
- Payments recorded in StayOnHire, will be sent to Xero
- Payments recorded in Xero, can be imported to StayOnHire manually using the Import Payments button (after and invoice has been sent to Xero)
- StayOnHire can't delete or edit individual payments after they're sent to Xero. This should be done in Xero
Note: This section refers to payments recorded as received in StayOnHire; not transactions (or revenue) processed by or through StayOnHire for your business
-Manually imported via the Import from Xero button beneath the payment history table of a StayOnHire invoice
StayOnHire is unable to edit payment information once sent to Xero
-When new payments are created, send these to Xero automatically every 30 minutes on the hour and on the half
Last updated: 4 Jan 2020
To disconnect Xero from your StayOnHire account, head to Settings > Connections and click 'Disconnect'.
If you needed technical assistance with anything before you go, please don't hesitate to contact us!