This Policy outlines the way in which Idle Australia Pty Ltd (StayOnHire) manages Personal Information though www.stayonhire.com (Website) and app.stayonhire.com (Platform). We, us, our and StayOnHire are defined at the end of this Policy.
2. What kinds of information do we collect about users?
A. Personal Information that you provide
We may collect and hold information when using or accessing our Website and services that you make available to us. This may include:
- through the use of any forms, to create, subscribe or update your user account or profile not limited to your name, contact details, date of birth and payment details;
- through the creation of any member content, comments, reviews or other activity, business demographic details including industry, trade or services provided;
- where a member operates through a company, his or her company details including the company name, ABN, address, contact details, geographical location details, business days and business hours;
- during communication with StayOnHire; and
- during communication with any other Member.
B. Information we obtain from your use of StayOnHire
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- On behalf of Third Parties
- In some instances, we may, directly or through Third Parties we engage to provide service to us, track and collect traffic and behavioural data on our Website for the purposes of customer support, research, analytics, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance and investigation. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may set cookies on your device acting as a partner to StayOnHire.
3. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business;
- to provide and market our services;
- monitor and analyse the performance, operation and effectiveness of the platform, Website and services across different webpages, devices and browser sessions;
- communicating information about and with members, including a member's profile and other publicly visible Personal Information in forums such as comments and reviews.
- to identify you and your business to members, users and visitors;
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is relevant to you; and
- for fraud detection and prevention.
4. Who do we disclose your Personal Information to?
A. The public and other Members or visitors to the Website
Some Personal Information is shared publicly under normal operating conditions of the Website, with additional information able to be displayed exclusively to other Members or users of the Website during the booking process, or to anyone else to whom you authorize us to disclose it. This may include:
- Public user accounts and business profiles
- Some parts of an account and profile are displayed on the Website for marketing or other purposes that are visible to the general public. Such information includes your first name, business name, normal business days and normal business hours.
- Public equipment listings
- Equipment listings are publicly viewable and will always display some minimum information on the Website, such as the suburb to display approximate geographical location, descriptions or details of the listing, links to connected user accounts, photos and any additional information you share with other Members.
- Search engine indexes
- The Website allows your information to be included in third-party search engines, where it’s indexed and published in third-party search engine results. This feature is applied by default, and you may opt out of this feature by contacting email@example.com. If you change the visibility of your information, third-party search engines may not update their database promptly or at all. We do not control the actions or inactions of third-party search engines, including any information indexing that occurs before of after you change the visibility of your information.
- Sending a booking request
- Any time you submit a booking request for listed equipment, you consent to disclosing your full name, company details, contact details, booking requirements and any other information you share with other Members, to the equipment lessor of any equipment you request to book.
- Booking confirmation
- When you act as an equipment lessor, and grant a request to book, additional Personal Information in association with your account and business will be disclosed to the acting lessee for the purpose of the equipment lease. This may include your full name, complete business address and contact details.
- When you lease your equipment as a lessor or when you lease another Member’s equipment as a lessee, we may ask you to review the lessee, lessor or equipment. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be publicly viewable on the Website. Likewise, another Member’s review of you as a lessee or lessor will be visible publicly on the Website.
B. Within StayOnHire, and with contractors or Third Parties
Your Personal Information in general, may be transferred, stored, used, processed and disclosed between StayOnHire and, contractors or Third Parties for:
- Website development and functionality
- The ongoing development and maintenance to improve the Website and services, may require us to complete tasks associated with internal or backend performance, user experience, improving functionality, business development, the security of your Personal Information and direct marketing purposes.
- StayOnHire may access your Personal Information in order to manually publish content about your profiles, accounts, pages, equipment listings, comments, and communications or to improve or tailor the search engine optimisation of your equipment, accounts or profile.
- Identity verification
- We may also engage Third Parties to provide services to us, to help verify your identity, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to assist us in fraud prevention and risk assessment, to serve targeted ads, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate payments or reimbursements required.
- Claims and legal processes
- We will use reasonable effort to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- we believe that providing the notice would (i) be futile, (ii) be ineffective, or (iii) create risk of injury or bodily harm to any individual or group, (iv) create or increase a risk damage to property of StayOnHire, its Members and users of the Website, or (v) create or increase the risk of fraud upon StayOnHire, its Members and users of the Website.
- Under circumstances where StayOnHire complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, StayOnHire will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify the applicable user about the information request after the fact if we believe in good faith that we’re no longer legally prohibited from doing so.
- In good faith and for purposes of transparency, we will publish a comprehensive overview of information provided to Australian state and local regulators in the form of a biennial transparency report, with the first report documenting January 2017 to January 2019.
- Third party cookies
- Market analysis
- We may also publish, disclose and use aggregated and non-personal information for market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, advertising and other business purposes.
- We may provide Personal Information about you within StayOnHire, with contractors or Third Parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services, and we will always ensure to that such parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and not use it for unrelated purposes.
5. Are we likely to disclose your Personal Information overseas?
The handling of Personal Information, including the use of Third Party services may result in the processing of your Personal Information to the following overseas recipients:
- service providers located overseas, including the United States of America and Singapore.
Personal Information may not receive the same rights from overseas recipients as they would under Australian privacy law. By using the Website and service you consent to this transfer of Personal Information overseas and will not hold StayOnHire accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of Personal Information.
6. How is your Personal Information stored?
StayOnHire stores Personal Information using:
- Storage services including third party data storage services, which are businesses that professionally manage information technology infrastructure, which may be located outside Australia;
- Software services including third party application providers, where we use an application for the purposes of our business and store data in association with that applicable application on infrastructure provided by those third party application providers;
- Business devices operated by employees of our business; and
- Paper files and third party archival storage services.
7. How can you access and correct your Personal Information?
Members may choose to delete, alter or remove any Member Account by sending a request to:
We will be required to verify your identity to proceed with any changes.
Content including, but not limited to reviews, forum postings or similar materials posted by any Member may continue to be publicly available through the platform, site and services including your first name, even after an account is cancelled or deleted.
You may also seek access to and correction of the Personal Information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer (contact details at the end of this Policy). We may require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
8. Your privacy through Third-Party websites and resources
9. Business Transfers of StayOnHire
10. How can you make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details at the end of this Policy). We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing.
Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer who will respond to your complaint in writing within a reasonable period (usually 10 business days from the day we receive the complaint). We will endeavour to work with individuals to resolve complaints entirely within 20 business days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable to take longer given the nature of the complaint.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your Personal Information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992
11. Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at www.stayonhire.com/au/legal/privacy-policy and can also be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer (contact details below).
12. Contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted via email, phone or post as follows:
In this Policy:
ABN means Australian Business Number
we, us and our means Idle Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 612 169 089) and its business StayOnHire.
Personal Information means information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information.
Third Parties means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (ie. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you or StayOnHire.